Tutorials will take place on September 14, 2008.
It is planned to arrange nine tutorials. Three tutorials will be given sequentially to each of the following major topics: introductions, applications, and advanced topics. This will offer the chance to visit all tutorials on each major topic. Each tutorial will last for 90 to 120 minutes, the final length is not decided yet.
The registration for any Tutorial with the ConfTool is not binding. Your appearance is still optional.
- Swarm Intelligence (PSO + ACO) by Christian Blum
- A Unified Approach to EC by Kenneth De Jong
- Multi-Objective Evolutionary Algorithms (EMOA) by Eckart Zitzler
- Computational Complexity of Evolutionary Computation in Combinatorial Optimization by Frank Neumann and Carsten Witt
- Evolution Strategies and Related Estimation of Distribution Algorithms (ES feat. EDA) by Nikolaus Hansen and Anne Auger
- Experimental Research in Natural Computation by Thomas Bartz-Beielstein and Mike Preuss
|Christian Blum||10:00 - 12:00||Swarm Intelligence (PSO + ACO)|
|Jens Gottlieb||10:00 - 12:00||Transportation and Logistics|
|Frank Neumann and Carsten Witt||10:00 - 12:00||Computational Complexity of Evolutionary Computation in Combinatorial Optimization|
|LUNCHTIME||12:00 - 13:30|
|Kenneth De Jong||13:30 - 15:30||A Unified Approach to EC|
|David Corne||13:30 - 15:30||Bioinformatics|
|Nikolaus Hansen and Anne Auger||13:30 - 15:30||Evolution Strategies and Related Estimation of Distribution Algorithms (ES feat. EDA)|
|BREAK||15:30 - 16:00|
|Eckart Zitzler||16:00 - 18:00||Multi-Objective Evolutionary Algorithms (EMOA)|
|Simon Lucas||16:00 - 18:00||Games|
|Thomas Bartz-Beielstein and Mike Preuss||16:00 - 18:00||The Future of Experimental Research|